The Center for Kosher Culinary Arts is committed to adhering to the highest standard of kashrus possible at all times.
As a cooking school that does not regularly serve food to the public we are not required to hold certification or a Hashgacha from a third party kashrus supervision agency as is a restaurant or any other traditional food service or production operation. Nonetheless, we have developed a set of standards to which we adhere at all times. They are as follows:
- All cooking is bishul yisroel
- All meat is chassidishe shechita
- All purchased baked goods are pas yisroel
- All fresh produce is thoroughly washed and checked by a Shomer Shabbos member of our staff
- Dairy, when used off site (our facility is strictly fleishig) is chalav yisroel
- All Wine is mevushal
- Packaged goods must bear a reliable hechsher
- Prepared food from other vendors or from one’s home is not permitted in our facility
- And of course, we are closed every Shabbos and Yom Tov.
Those who attend classes at CKCA are actively involved in preparing their own food under our guidance and supervision. The entire cooking process is “transparent”; that is, students are fully aware of what is being prepared, how it is being prepared and what ingredients are being used.
In addition, the school is located upstairs from – and associated with – a Lubavitcher-owned cookware store and the owner is actively involved and committed to maintaining the highest level of kashrus possible.
When contracted to cook food at our facility that is to be consumed off premises (tastings, catered affairs, holiday meals, classes, etc.), a shomer shabbat member of our staff acting in the role of mashgiach is present to supervise the transportation, delivery, and preparation.
Feel free to contact our office with any questions at 718.758.1339 and ask to speak with Director Jesse Blonder or Rabbi Baruch Pinson.
Immerse yourself in the culinary arts
Perfect for the passionate home cook or serious kitchen enthusiast looking to build their repertoire of skills, recipes, and menu planning.REGISTER NOW!
The Cocktail Lab: Mixology 101
Be Your Own Bartender!
Learn all about the tools and tricks of the trade as well as the thought process behind designing new cocktails.REGISTER NOW!