The Center for Kosher Culinary Arts is committed to adhering to the highest standard of kashrus possible at all times.
As a cooking school that does not regularly serve food to the public we are not required to hold certification or a Hashgacha from a third party kashrus supervision agency as is a restaurant or any other traditional food service or production operation. Nonetheless, we have developed a set of standards to which we adhere at all times. They are as follows:
- All cooking is bishul yisroel
- All meat is chassidishe shechita
- All purchased baked goods are pas yisroel
- All fresh produce is thoroughly washed and checked by a Shomer Shabbos member of our staff
- Dairy, when used off site (our facility is strictly fleishig) is chalav yisroel
- All Wine is mevushal
- Packaged goods must bear a reliable hechsher
- Prepared food from other vendors or from one’s home is not permitted in our facility
- And of course, we are closed every Shabbos and Yom Tov.
Those who attend classes at CKCA are actively involved in preparing their own food under our guidance and supervision. The entire cooking process is “transparent”; that is, students are fully aware of what is being prepared, how it is being prepared and what ingredients are being used.
In addition, the school is located upstairs from – and associated with – a Lubavitcher-owned cookware store and the owner is actively involved and committed to maintaining the highest level of kashrus possible.
When contracted to cook food at our facility that is to be consumed off premises (tastings, catered affairs, holiday meals, classes, etc.), the client is given the option to hire a certified mashgiach to supervise the purchasing, washing/checking and production.
CHANUKAH PHOTO CONTEST
Announcing CKCA's FIrst Photo Contest
Submit a photo of your best Chanukah dish for your chance to win a gift certificate to classes!ENTER NOW
THE PERFECT CHANUKAH GIFT
A cooking class is an awesome gift.
This Chanukah, spoil someone you love with a gift certificate to one of our beloved cooking classes.BUY NOW